On Saturday morning I ran 18 miles. Ugh. That about sums it up.
Later that afternoon, we had an Easter egg hunt at the park across the street. Rain threatened, but fortunately did not spoil, the hunt. Jillian was very disappointed she did not get a money egg or the kinds of candy she likes best. She didn't seem too worried, though, because she thought she'd get lots in her Easter basket the next morning. Oops! I've been trying to tone down Easter year by year, so the pickin's we're pretty slim this year. Sorry, Jilly. Getting older sometimes stinks, huh?
I was delighted with how the kids looked in their new Easter clothes. I love to dress them up matchy-matchy. I even made some pretty hair clips for the girls, but ran out of time to make bracelets. And, even better, I found a cute skirt and shirt for myself, and some new wedge sandals that are sooooo comfy. Hurrah! And, no, I did not match the kids.
Easter day was really nice. I enjoyed singing with the ward choir, attending church, sneaking in a nap, and having dinner with friends. All in all, a delightful weekend. I was full of joy thinking of all the people I'd get to see again because of the resurrection. I was also thinking of families I know who have lost loved ones in the last year or two. I hope they felt joy and peace as well.
Amy
5 comments:
Was that funny picture of Hayden taken while he was eating a War Head? I love the last picture. So cute!
Kyle looks like he is obliging for the Easter photo. What, no jelly bean tie for him?
Kara is getting so big and so stinking adorable! Jillian and Hayden look so cute too! I just can't wait to see them this summer!
1.) I cant believe how much you run
2.) Hayden's expression is hilarious
A dashing family, indeed! Darling pictures, and I'm glad you had a fun weekend.
Post a Comment