We are in the midst of negotiating on a house we mostly want to buy. The one I really wanted got snatched up before we were to the offer-making part of our trip. So we decided to go for another house. Now we have made an offer, they countered, and now we've countered. I've decided I can't be a real estate agent or anything like it because I'm not good at haggling. Kyle, on the other hand, is a pro. So now it's bedtime and we'll see what they say in the morning. We have a "Plan B" house, but we don't like the location as well. I will be interested (duh!) to see if we have to go to plan b.
The city is growing on me, although there is a fair amount of "counter culture" going on. It was a beautiful sunny day today and we took a hike. IIt was amazing to be going up a real hill again. I've missed hiking. I will post pictures when we get home. We ate lunch at a great little Thai place, had dinner at a cute little Italian place (with my sis and her hubby!), and then got ice cream. The place had really fun flavors, like white licorice and fresh banana brownie. I also saw the business school where Kyle will be working. Campus is very pretty. We're heading home on Friday morning. Then it's only one week until the marathon and five weeks until we move. Wow. Life is going to be crazy.
I missed out on Mother's Day at home and am kind of sad about it. Can I have a redo? J and H are doing great, but I do miss them! When Kara heard Jillian's voice she got so excited. Then when I took the phone away, she cried. I can't wait to see their reunion. I think Kara will go nuts to see Jillian and Hayden again.
So sorry for the disjointed post. I am sleepy!
Amy
5 comments:
You posted at 1:55 a.m. No wonder you're sleepy! I've been thinking about you all week, wondering how your house hunt was going. Can't wait to see pics of the new place! Congrats, and keep us in the know. Good luck with your soon-to-be very busy life. I'm not too jealous of your move!
Wow, that is so exciting about house hunting. I am dreaming of the day when we can do that! Good luck!
Mother's day is overrated. Every year I realize that I shouldn't expect anything. So you didn't miss much!
Good luck! This is the hard part. Our realtor told us that there is always one party who is willing to walk away in a negotiation. The difficulty is deciding if you are that party or not. Sounds like you have lots of great options. Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures. When I saw Jillian yesterday she said, "I miss my parents so much I can't even remember what their faces look like." So sweet!
Hey it's a good thing you found a good ice cream shop with fun flavors. That's all that matters right?
Okay, I'm on pins and needles! Can't wait to hear the final result...and see pics. Good luck.
Post a Comment