Sunday, May 11, 2008

On the hunt . . .

I was going to write an engaging sequence about a young caveman on his first hunt, inexpertly wielding a rough-hewn spear and other stuff, but it's 6:04am and I've had about 5 hours of sleep. So I will just say that K, K, and A are off to scout out our new homeland and find a house! J and H are holding down the fort here, with a little help (no, a lot of help) from friends and neighbors, especially Emily! I feel like quite the jet setter since we just got back from a trip a week ago. Kara feels the same way, I'm sure.

We have about 26 houses on our list, so I hope one pans out. I also hope I like the area we're moving to, because there's no turning back now! We've never purchased or owned a home, but we've been doing quite a bit of research. I think it's easier than hunting down and killing a woolly mammoth with a spear, but I could be wrong. As a bonus, we get to see some old friends from Boston and my sister Shauna and her family. And the weather is going to be beautiful there, but rainy here.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there who inspire me in so many ways. And that includes women who help to teach and care for children who are not their own. And Happy Mother's Day to my own mom, who never reads my blog, but must be amazing because she produced me and my sisters -- 4 pretty darn good mothers.

Amy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Mother's Day Amy!! Good luck with the hunt!
Love, Anna in Arlington

Michael Family said...

Read "Home Buying for Dummies."

Amy D said...

Good luck house hunting! I'm jealous we're not those "Boston friends" you get to see!

Todd and Anna said...

Good luck on the house hunt! I am sure you will love the area and find something great! Can't wait to hear about it after.

Todd

Unknown said...

Thanks, Amy! We are good, fun mommies, or at least try to be. We're soooooo happy to have you here!

Ken and Amy said...

Can't wait to hear what you come up with...good luck! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. And Happy Mother's Day! You are a wonderful mother!

ellen said...

Are you meeting up with the Cheerio family?!?