
Since Kara didn't have any recollection of where her grandparents lived, I decided we should go to Spokane for Thanksgiving. The kids had the whole week off of school, and Kyle had just submitted 2 papers, so the time was right! We had a grand time in the state of Washington. Now that Kate is 3 and travels well, I'm sure we'll visit there more often. I don't think my parents will come to Eugene as often as they did when my sister Shauna lived here as well. Now that she's moved north, it's not as convenient.
Anyway, we left for Washington on Tuesday and spent the night in Ellensburg with friends from Michigan. Our kids love their kids, and J and J are some of our best friends, so we try to meet up once or twice a year. It was fun to see their new house and J's office. He even made me a new retainer.
Then we were off to Spokane. My sister from Montana came with her family on Thanksgiving. Shauna's family was there too, staying with her in-laws, but they came down with a stomach bug, so we didn't get to see them much. I felt so bad for them! We see them quite often, but my other sister does not. Being sick while traveling is no fun for sure.
My mom did an amazing job on Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious. This was the first time in a very long time I've been at my parents' house for a holiday. It was very weird not to have much to do. I loved it. We did shopping, swimming, game playing, shooting, movie-watching, a temple trip, and a dinner out. It was a nice few days that went by very fast. It even snowed.
Photos:
Look at these two hot guys Jillian and her friend met in Ellensburg!
2 comments:
Fun! Glad you guys didn't get sick! Jillian looks awesome.
Looks like a great time!
Post a Comment