The whistling gene has been passed on to Jillian. She whistles a lot, and it's really kind of fun to hear. It reminds me of my mom. Kate and Kara are also trying to whistle, although Kara has too much space between her baby teeth and Kate does more of a reverse whistle.
And now, with no smooth segueway, I thought I'd do a little update about my very part time job. I'm still getting paid to write articles for FamilyShare.com, and it's going well! I have over 50 published articles on the site. A few have also been published for other news sites. They asked me to apply for an editor position, but I didn't have the 15 hours a week to commit at the time. My schedule will be more flexible in late summer, so I'm hoping another opportunity arises. Here are a few articles I thought turned out pretty well, with one caveat. Because I don't get paid very much to write, I try to spend an hour or less researching, writing, and editing my articles. So they aren't perfect, but I've been getting positive feedback from the editors and managing editors, so I guess they're good enough.
Social media and marriage
Cultivating greater respect in marriage
Choosing activities for children
When Mother's Day isn't rosy
I'm thankful for my little job, and now I'd better get back to it! I'm working on an article about a summer learning routine to keep kids' skills sharp. Fun!
2 comments:
Way to go! You should just apply for that position and magically find 15 hours a week. It'll all work out!
I've always enjoyed reading your work. You have an engaging voice.
Post a Comment