Friday, May 3, 2013

Gymnastics Day!



Thursday is gymnastics day. Kara, Kate, and I head to the gym. Kate and I do "Bounce Buddies" together, while Kara is a "Gym Star." What started out as a six week session has turned into an 8-month obsession. Rare is the day that Kate does not ask "Is it gymnastics day?" She is a natural. I get told almost weekly that she should move up to the 3 year-old class, but that class is at a less-convenient time. Besides, I like the 45 minutes we get to spend together. Next year she'll be a "Tootsie Roller." For now, she's my buddy on gymnastics day.

Kara is quite good as well. She's very strong. In a few years she'll be too tall to be a gymnast, I'm sure, but the core and upper body strength she's developing will be good for any sport (or dance) she pursues.

I took the big camera to try and get some shots. I had trouble with the indoor fluorescent lighting (I spelled that correctly on the first try!), so sorry about that. Still not a pro at the fancy camera. I need to read a book or take a class.

Next week is our last day of gymnastics for the school year. It will be a sad day for Miss Kate. We'll have to hit the open gym times this summer so she can get her fix. 
























Ta da!

Sometimes it's all I can do not to cartwheel and jump with them.

post signature

2 comments:

Michael Family said...

Kate is so so cute!!!!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Kate is very impressive. I think most of the things she can do I can't even do.