Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Should we stay or should we go?

Kyle and I have been married almost 14 years.  I planned a little getaway (24 hours) this weekend to celebrate our marriage.  We're scheduled to go to Bend, Oregon, a place I've wanted to check out for years.  The hotel reservation is made, the babysitters are booked, but I am still having a hard time committing to going.  Maybe it's because Kyle and I have a long to do list, and it looks something like this:

scrub and re-stain deck
finish planting flowers
fix broken disposal
fix broken ice maker
assemble Hayden's desk
clean blinds
make 1,000 beads for camp
finish sewing hooded towels
make bracelets for Anna's baby (who was born in November!)
clean out under-stairs closet
clean garage
buy a bike
put together bike trailer
get rid of ironing pile mountain (by ironing)
clean fridges

Now, I do kind of want to escape from the lengthy to do list, but I don't want to feel guilty for leaving and not enjoy myself.  The next several weekends are also busy, with one or both of us out of town or company in town, so the to do list might not get done for a few months. 

Our to do list for our Bend getaway looks something like this:

eat out at a fabulous restaurant (or two or three)
sleep in
go on a run/bike ride/hike
go shopping
explore Bend
enjoy beautiful scenery
talk without being interrupted
do some other stuff without being interrupted (like play cards)

Hmm, I think I know which to do list I'd rather tackle!




post signature

7 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Definitely getaway! You will have a great time and come back refreshed and ready to tackle your to do list. And maybe you can work on bracelets during the drive. :-) Have a fantastic time!

Unknown said...

Riiiight. Have fun playing cards!

SusieQ said...

Easy decision!! GO TO BEND

ellen said...

Don't you want to go and PLAY CARDS???!

Polliwog said...

Sheesh, your to-do list is exhausting me!! Those lists never end. Throw caution to the wind and take a day off. It's only a day! :)

Enjoy yourself. Wish we could join you.

Steph said...

That long to-do list will never, ever, ever go away. You'll just keep adding to it forever and ever and ever. So go have fun. Playing cards is very therapeutic, I hear.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I hope you guys went! But whatever you did, congrats on 14 years!