Kyle and I celebrated our 14th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. We tossed the to do lists aside and headed to Bend for a 24 hour retreat. I am so glad we went! Bend is beautiful. The drive to Bend is beautiful. Sleeping in a comfy hotel bed without kids is delightful. And being with Kyle was so great. Here's what we did:
- Play games in car on the drive (see below)
- Arrive in Bend, find hotel and check in.
- Go to dinner at swanky Asian fusion restaurant. Try not to watch a couple who is clearly more in love than we are make out across the way. Fail.
- See Men In Black 3 just because we can.
- Play cards
- Sleep
- Wake up
- Exercise
- Eat the free (and above average) breakfast at the hotel
- Get ready (Kyle watched soccer and I read a book!)
- Check out
- Go shopping in the Old Mill district. Spend loads of time in the spice shop.
- Go to downtown Bend for lunch. Eat at the Deschutes Brewery. Awesome meal.
- More shopping and exploring
- Drive home, stopping in Sisters for an ice cream and meandering along the highway - we even visited a fish hatchery! Oregon has loads of fish hatcheries. We saw hawks circling, trying to feed, and a heron.
On the drive I made up a little conversational game to play. I always like to take some time to reminisce around our anniversary, and I decided we could do this instead of doing cards and presents. It was nice to say things out loud. Just in case you want to play too, here are some of the questions we asked each other:
- What is the best part of being married?
- Where's your favorite place to be kissed?
- Name one regret you have about the past 14 years.
- What do you remember from our first years of marriage?
- Why did you choose to marry me?
- What was your favorite thing about our wedding day?
- What do you hope for me?
- How have you changed in the last 14 years?
- What do you like to do with me?
- What's one of the first things you noticed about me?
- Describe our life at age 60.
- What is one thing you'd improve about our relationship?
Here's to many, many, many more years with Kyle. I am lucky.
| Times Square 2009 |
3 comments:
Aww, that is so nice. And why didn't you post the answers to the questions? (Just kidding).
Having just read your post of "things to do" that might have deterred you from taking this trip, I'm glad to see that you did it! Happy Anniversary and the list of things you did will be much more memorable that your TO DO list that will always linger....
:)
Kudos you two! Sounds fun.
Post a Comment