Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Diagnosis: Dizziness and Giddiness


That's what my referral to the physical therapist said.  Dizziness?  Most definitely.  Giddiness?  Not so much.  In fact, I've been feeling downright wilted since I hurt my neck last week (while getting my hair rinsed at the salon -- I know, pathetic).  Apparently my inner ear crystals are just fine, but my neck is a tight, knotted mess.  Now I get 6 sessions of physical therapy and strict orders to not look up for two weeks.  I also have to avoid running, swimming, and sit ups.  AUGH!  I am an ab strengthening fanatic.  I'll have to figure out if I can do plank positions without aggravating my neck muscles.  Not to mention running.  So long, half marathon on Saturday.  I'll be the one doing the elliptical every morning at the gym.  

The good news is that if I do my exercises and attend my sessions, I should be feeling better in about two weeks.  That is good news, because being dizzy is not so fun.  Makes me feel like I'm pregnant, which sends me into a panic attack.  
And here is a recipe for pumpkin muffins that are sure to please.  If you follow my healthy shortcuts, these are edible as a snack and not just a treat.  The recipe is adapted from one in the Ivory Family Favorites cookbook.  I love baking with pumpkin! This recipe makes a ton, but they freeze well, and they also share well.
Pumpkin cookies:

3 C canned pumpkin
2 eggs (or equivalent in egg beaters)
2 t vanilla
1 C vegetable oil (or 1/2 C oil and 1/2 C nonfat plain yogurt)
2 t nutmeg
2 t cinnamon
2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
3 C sugar (I reduced to 2 cups)
1 t salt
5 cups flour (all purpose, Ultragrain, or white whole wheat)
1 1/2 C chocolate chips (I reduced to 1 1/4 C)

In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt and mix well.  Add flour and mix to combine.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
This new blogger format is giving me fits!  I can't get rid of all of these extra spaces.  And my headache is too bad to figure it out.  Ugh.


post signature


4 comments:

A, M and S said...

So you won't be running trails with me any time soon? That is very sad.
R

A, M and S said...

So you won't be running trails with me any time soon? That is very sad.
R

Michael Family said...

I wonder where they got "giddiness?"

Amy D said...

Sorry to hear about your neck! That sounds awful. Take it easy and you'll be back to running in no time. Wish I could bring you in dinner!