Tuesday, July 26, 2011
YW Camp
I don't know if I've ever mentioned my calling at Asst. Camp Director for my stake's YW camp. I was called last October -ish and have been working on camp ever since then. Well, we finally put all of those meetings and planning to good work and had camp last week. It was my first time attending in 17 years. I always loved camp growing up, so it was fun to be back. Although the songs and traditions are different at this camp, it was still a really great time. Super exhausting and busy, but great. I enjoyed supervising and helping with all kinds of different activities, problem solving, meeting new people, and even sleeping in a tent at night. I did come home for 12 hours so Kyle could go to work and meet a deadline, but I honestly couldn't wait to get back to camp. I was also in charge of making all the beads for camp. I probably made over 1,000 with some help. The girls really liked the beads, so that was good too. I'm pretty sure they are going to ask me and the director to plan camp again next year, and I have to say that I am excited! Kyle, maybe not so much. It was a lot of meetings. : )
The four of us are the members of the Most Meetings Club. Julie, on the left, is the camp director. We had a lot of fun! We're planning a spa meeting to celebrate the end of camp.
Each day Julie and I met with our awesome unit leaders. It was fun to just be together as adults and snack and chat. Oh and work. I made some new friends!
Some of the girls at flag in the morning. They are tired from being crazy all night.
Some of the stake leaders whose snoring kept me up at night. Thank goodness for earplugs! And the little stream that gurgled by outside my tent.
Two of my favorite campers, Hannah and Sarah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun and with your organization skills and creativity I am sure you'll be called to help again. Are you and Jan still running the Top of Utah Marathon?
You are amazing!!! Way to go! Maybe now that we have a girl there will be Girls' Camp in my future. Take good notes for me!
Post a Comment