Anyone know where Mt. Mazama is? Well, what's left of it is in Southern Oregon. It's better known as Crater Lake now, and we went there at the end of June. We should have planned our trip better, though, because there was still 8 feet of snow at Crater Lake and we couldn't do as much as we wanted to. But it was so gorgeous and inspiring anyway, and I got many lungfuls of really nice air. We stayed in Ashland for three nights. Ashland is like Eugene, but sunnier, and with more dreadlocks. If that is possible. My parents joined us from Washington and my sister and her fam drove up from California. We are enjoying meeting up with them for a trip each summer. And now, a photo essay:

Hayden perched at the top of this climbing structure in Lithia Park. He could have stayed there all day. Or all three days. Lithia Park is a lovely park in downtown Ashland that I highly recommend for hanging out.

The fam at Lithia Park.

The fam at the rim of Crater Lake.

Ooh, ahh!

Me and hubs.

The piled-up snow reached to the rooftops!

Bean and Pea with my parents. Wizard Island in background. In good weather you can ride a boat to the island and hike up and look down into the caldera. How cool is that? We'll be back!

Kara, who has spent most her life in rainy Oregon, has a very low tolerance for sun in her eyes. The glare off the snow was hard to handle.

Kyle paid this wandering poet (did I mention Ashland hosts a wonderful Shakespearean festival?) $5 to recite a poem about me. It was decent. A $3 poem.

We had to get Kara this outfit from a vendor. And then we had to take it away until her birthday. Lucky for us she's a pretty easy going kid.
Next week we're off to Seabrook, Washington for a reunion with Kyle's family! I love summer vacations.
4 comments:
Lots of fun! And I love that you found a wandering poet. Very cool. Hilarious also. Enjoy your next trip!
Yay! Fun times! I love Kara's outfit with the cone hat.
What a beautiful place! Looks like lots of fun.
I think it is so great that you get to do lots of family vacations this summer...and girls camp :) Just kidding! Can't wait until you are back so we can hang out!
Post a Comment