Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Review

It was a busy weekend here, as I'm sure it was for all of you. Saturday brought us the best weather of the year -- sunny skies and 68 degrees. I started the morning with a memorial walk for my friend Sharen, who passed away a year ago. I wanted to do something to remember her, so I organized a walk on the bike paths where we trained for our marathon. We had almost 40 people show up. It was nice to be outside on a beautiful day and remember a beautiful friend.

Next up was outside work and and Easter egg hunt. Then we had Hayden's soccer game. After that I went for a 9 mile run. It was awesome! I felt the best I've felt in a long time, and had a nice quick pace. The only bad part about the run was when I passed some hippie fest in the park and had to run through a wall of body odor. Wow. Not pleasant, but one of the hazards of my city.

We went out for a quick dinner and then came home to get ready for Easter, which meant ironing, baking, and cleaning up the house. I almost forgot to put out goodies for the kids from the Easter Amy, because we don't do the Easter Bunny at this house. I just can't keep up with all the mythological figures. Somehow pretending a large bunny comes in our house is just too much for me.

Easter Sunday was nice. We had three families over for dinner and I didn't take one photo. Oops. I especially enjoyed the homemade German chocolate cake my sister brought. Yum. Still running off that one.

Here are some snaps from the weekend. Can't wait for the next one!


From the walk for Sharen -- scooting, walking, talking, snacking. It was a lovely time.

Jillian made an awesome chalk creation to wish everyone Happy Easter! It was too big to fit into one photo.

The girls trying not to peek while the dads hid the eggs.

Kara with a funny chocolate mustache. Post egg hunt, of course.

Kate loved pulling dandelions while the kids hunted.

Not the best photo, but this is all the kids were willing to do. But they are all smiling! Kate was so happy. I couldn't keep her from flapping her arms.

Love this one.

These two were the most matchy-matchy. I made all of the girls bracelets.

post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pics! Thanks again for hosting dinner. After finishing off the last big slice of cake, I've sworn off desserts for three weeks.

Michael Family said...

I want to see Kate again! She is just so cute. That's neat that you organized that walk.

A, M and S said...

Thanks for organizing the walk for Sharen. She was amazing. And thanks for the camo eggs. So fun.

Sweeney Household said...

Hey, Easter Amy, it looks like you had a wonderful day! I'm not careful about revealing the Bunny's identity but my kids still somehow think that a bunny came with candy!

Love all the photos.......

Britney said...

Thank you so much for planning the walk for mom. It meant so much to me and thank you for being for me and my family over the past year. You are so thoughtful of us and having you as a friend is truly a blessing! Thanks for always listening, all the dinners and game nights, we love you!

Love all your pictures, especially the one of Hayden and Kate, so cute! You have such a beautiful family!