Sunday, April 3, 2011

Seek the Good

Today as we were watching General Conference I felt very humbled and blessed. The talks were inspiring and thought-provoking, as usual, and I enjoyed the whole day. I don't think I've heard this much of all four sessions of conference in a long time. It was good weekend. Any weekend with abelskievers is a good weekend! During Elder Scott's talk (a departure from his regular treatise on repentance, he instead spoke about marriage and relationships) I looked over at Kyle and pondered about the man I married. He was in his pajamas, ironing (hey, the ox was in the mire), wearing a silly hat Kara put on his head, and making faces at Kate, who was intently watching him. Yeah, I've got it good. While I was at a camp meeting tonight (did you know I am an assistant stake camp director??), he played a game with the kids where they made disgusting concoctions on top of tortilla chips and dared each other to eat them. Hayden had one with red pepper hummus, red jelly bean, caramel sauce and ham. Again, awesome. I'm kind of sorry I missed out on that one.

When I came home they were all cozied up in the family room, watching something on BYU TV. I love that I can very confidently leave Kyle with all four children and know that the house will not be destroyed when I get home. In fact, he is very good about helping the kids pick up. Many of the talks this weekend inspired me to be a better wife to my great husband. I'm glad I have such an amazing person in my life. Being married to Kyle is good.

Here's a cute snap of us from April 2005, when we took a short cruise to the Bahamas. We haven't changed much since this photo!


post signature

2 comments:

Amy D said...

I will comment, because I'm pretty sure the only reason I missed this post is because we were out of town! :) You and Kyle look so cute together, and your kids are lucky to have a mom and dad that are so in love!

Natalie Jane said...

It's nice to have a good husband. :) Cute pic!!

thanks for linking up!