I taught Kara's class at church today. Sunbeams. They've only been in primary for a month. They were so cute and good. It was really fun to teach them. I'll sub any time for that class!
Kyle made a most excellent tomato soup today. It had some canned tomatoes he roasted in the oven with spices, a can of regular tomato soup, Parmesan cheese, and probably some cream. I don't think I want to ask how much cream. It was so much better than regular old tomato soup. I love it when he cooks.
The kids have a full week at school for the first time this year (2011). They've had so many Fridays off that they're starting to believe they don't go to school on Fridays. I am less than impressed with the schools here. I realize they are having budget problems, but I think cutting school days should be the last straw. I heard our school year is down to 165 days. How behind are my kids going to be when they get to college?
I love dark chocolate. Too much. I hope to get a box of truffles for Valentine's Day. If anyone is reading this.
Friends are so important to me. I am so fortunate to have friends from every place I've lived, particularly as an adult. I love to stay in touch and hear about all the great things my friends are doing. I also feel grateful that I can support them in harder times, as they've supported me. Kyle and I are going to Las Vegas and I'm going to see two friends, Steph and Megann. I haven't seen them in years (at least 8 by my guess). Thanks for being my friends!
Patience is a virtue I could use a little more of.
As my kids get older (J and H), it is getting more and more fun to be with them. We went out to dinner on Saturday. Kara happened to be at Aunt Shauna's, so we just had the big kids and Kate. It was fun to talk to them and hear what they had to say. Tonight they wanted to learn how to play Cranium. I put Kara to bed early (she gets so tired now that she doesn't nap) and we played for about 20 minutes. I'm glad to have them for my friends too.
I hope you had a lovely Sunday. Have a good week too!
3 comments:
Hey, when are you going to Las Vegas? Not March 3-5, by any chance? That's when Clint and I will be there for his new firm's retreat. That would be way too fun if our timing was right and we could play with you guys too. Here's to hoping...
I am so excited to see you when you come in March! I know the last time I saw you H was a tiny baby in Nauvoo, so however long ago that was.
Can Wayne take some Kyle lessons next time we are there?
Post a Comment