Favorite holiday song: "The Christmas Song" (aka Chestnuts roasting on an open fire)
runner up: "Winter Wonderland"
Favorite holiday movie: "Claymation Christmas"
runner up: "Prep and Landing"
Favorite family tradition: Looking at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve
runner up: Secret Santa
Favorite decoration: The tree!
runner up: the nativity set
runner runner up: the stockings
Favorite part of Christmas day: Opening stockings
runner up: playing games and relaxing
Favorite Christmas story: Luke 2
runner up: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (illustrated by Jan Brett)
Favorite goodie: fudge with walnuts
runner up: homemade toffee or peppermint bark
Favorite Christmas dinner item: homemade rolls with homemade jam
runner up: cheesy scalloped potatoes??
Favorite Christmas breakfast item: abelskivers (or ebelskivers) with lemon curd and sugar
runner up: hash browns
Favorite part of being a parent at Christmas: teaching kids about giving and graciousness
runner up: seeing their faces when they open presents
Favorite part of New Year's Day: staying in pajamas as late as I want
runner up: playing games, watching football, and hanging out
One gift on my list: an iPod Touch
One gift I'm giving: a subscription to Family Fun for each of my sisters
My family is coming in 10 days! The neighbor/teacher gifts are delivered, and my cards are 1/3 of the way done. I started wrapping presents today and it was so much fun. I love the paper, ribbon, and gift tags I have, so that makes things easier. We have a Christmas party this weekend, singing in church on Sunday, caroling scheduled for next week, and then Christmas will be here. I was feeling stressed out on Saturday, but Kyle and I busted things out all day long and even enjoyed a date. I hope your preparations are going well too! What are some of your favorite holiday things?
7 comments:
For me, there's nothing like the smell of a fresh Christmas tree! Fave song: The Little Drummer Boy.
On a side note, I am having a small case of the bah-humbugs this year and can't come up with anything to give for neighbor/teacher gifts.
Another favorite: Spoiling Christmas gifts for your sisters.
My favorite holiday commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJix8G_98qg&feature=related
Favorite holiday saying in honor of Brian Regan:
Merry....Holidays!
Hey! Kyle made a comment!
Love it! Christmas must be so fun at your house! My favorite thing this Christmas: being pregnant at Christmastime!!!
My sister's fondue party is a current fav. Britney and I were talking about how we look forward to it all year long. The Carpenter's Christmas album, buying presents for cute little kids, and getting new jammies are some others.
Christmas Eve when we open our homemade gifts for each other. Tops the charts!!
I love Claymation Christmas! I thought just my family knew about that show. Glad there are more of us out there. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment