First, I made a cute sort of retro (but mod) apron for my sister Marisa's birthday. It was my first sewing project since getting my machine serviced. Guess what. Servicing didn't do jack. So now I'm not going to make a baby quilt until I get a new machine (or borrow one). I just can't sew on a machine that refuses to move forward at random intervals. Too annoying! Lucky for me the apron turned out well (much cuter on than in this picture, although HIDEOUS on my pregnant body) and my sister liked it. I hope she wasn't lying when she said that.
I also planted our garden last week. There was a wee bit of sun in between the bi-polar weather pattern we've had here for practically the whole month. I put on my rain boots and rushed outside to plant. I got the last thing in (carrots) right as the rain began again. So far the lettuce, strawberries, and mint are doing well. The rest might take a while if we don't get more sun. I planted an edamame plant just for kicks. The rest is pretty standard. I'm hoping the birds don't get all the blueberries, since the plants are small and we won't get too many this year anyway. We'll see if our miracle soil is as good this year as last. Maybe I should have added something too it, but I didn't.
I'm also accomplishing gaining a ton of weight. Anyone out there gain more weight with successive pregnancies, or am I doing something wrong? As of now (27 weeks), I've gained as much weight as I did the entire pregnancy (minus pre-eclampsia water weight) with Hayden. It's not my proudest statistic. Luckily people keep telling me I look "tiny." Not a word I usually associate with myself even when not pregnant. I must have nice acquaintances.
6 comments:
WHAT??! Do I spot an error in your post? You put "too" instead of "to!" I am SHOCKED!
Anyway, I will take the bait. I loved the apron and I wasn't lying. It's super cute. And way to plant your garden--how fun!
Get this - I gained 60 pounds with my last pregnancy.....while throwing up for 7 out of nine months. The math doesn't quite equal out. I think my body may have panicked and gone into conservation mode. Efficient, it was. (A little Yoda for you.)
Glad you are feeling better!
Well I saw that too, but I wasn't going to say anything. Especially since my spelling and grammar are atrocious! I love the apron though, it is super cute! I should have you help me plant flowers in our yard, I don't even know where to start.
Look at you, accomplishing all sorts of stuff. Nice work. Want to come clean out all my nooks and crannies?
I love the Apron. Super cute. I'm glad your feeling up to Spring cleaning and gardening. Both are always so satisfying for me. As long as you are eating healthy I wouldn't worry too much about the weight. It'll come off. :)
awesome apron!!! I've been looking for a cute one around here with no luck. I'd rather not have I'm the cook written across my chest. :)
Post a Comment