Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Feelin' Green

I don't mean that I'm feeling sick, although I still do feel a little queasy for at least part of every day. What I mean is, I'm feeling like a true Oregonian -- a tree hugger. Not too granola, though, because I don't think I could give up shaving my legs and fashion and such. Okay, this paragraph is getting too random. Let's start a new one, shall we?

I won a fabulous giveaway at Natalie's Sentiments. Seriously, I won! First prize! One of the 5 things I won was 24 cloth napkins from an Etsy store called Love For Earth. I am a real fan of Etsy, and now I'm certainly a fan of Love For Earth. A mother of 7 named Kara runs the store, and she features products that help reduce waste. I got 2 dozen great napkins and a set of produce bags. Now I can take my reusable produce bags with my reusable grocery bags to the store. So handy. The cute lime green mesh bags have their own drawstrings, are simple to wash by hand, and come in three different sizes. They even came with their own storage bag. I'm so happy not to use a zillion bags every week. The napkins are working out so well too. They are made of sturdy cotton, wash well, and are soft and absorbent. I will either make another couple of dozen or buy another set from Kara. The kids were afraid to get them dirty the first time we used them, but now have the hang of it.



One more green thing that's making me happy? The new lamp I picked up for the living room. The shade is perfect for spring and summer. For fall and winter I'm going to get a white shade and accent it with black ribbon around the top and bottom. I'm looking for a tall black floor lamp to replace the other lamp in the living room.



Did I tell you that GREEN is my favorite color?


post signature

7 comments:

mama bear said...

I'm still working on my green-ness, I always seem to forget my reusable grocery bags at home when I go shopping. Congrats on the win, that is always so exciting! I love the green lamp too, what a fun color!

Michael Family said...

nice lamp. Love the shade. I think it's so funny that I just found out last week that green was your favorite color.

Mandy said...

The produce bags are brilliant! I've never seen them before . . . and now I want some desperately.

Unknown said...

i didn't know green was your fav color either. how lame am I? Way to go on being nice to the earth.

Amy K said...

Cool produce bags! Love the green lamp. You are adorable! Hope you're feelin' okay. Love ya.

SusieQ said...

I love the everyday napkin idea. We go through waaaay too many paper products at my house.
Your table looks so cute with the little plant in the tin container with the napkins. I need you to come to my house and give me some decorating ideas!

Amy D said...

Connor would be proud. Green is his favorite color too.