Sharen was so healthy and strong. We enjoyed exercising together and sharing healthy recipes. We swapped perennials, shared garden seeds, and crafted. She inspired me in so many ways, and always made me feel loved. She came to my house on two occasions to clean while I was sick. She was always willing to help out with a last minute babysitter, and Kyle and I loved going to dinner or playing games with her and her husband. Earlier this week I heard from her daughter Britney that she wasn't feeling well, so I sent her a text. A couple of days later I stopped by with flowers, but didn't talk to her because she was sleeping. The next day she passed away.
I haven't felt this kind of grief since we learned our baby had died in utero four years ago. I feel so much pain and sadness for Britney and her family because I know how close they were. I also feel pain for the loss of a friend. I know what kind of woman Sharen was and I have no doubt that she is in a better place right now, free from a body that was overtaken by cancer and infection. But she will be missed. I miss her.
Here's a photo from our marathon last May. It represents the Sharen I knew and loved. Strong, healthy, determined.
16 comments:
Amy, that is so sad. My sympathies. I hope you and Sharen's family can get through this with comfort in God.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a blessing that you were able to share part of this life with her.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Amy. 50 is so young. My sympathies to you and Sharen's family.
Oh my goodness Amy. I am so sorry. I hope you and all her loved ones are able to find some comfort. Lots of love from me to you.
Our prayers are with her family and you. I hope you are doing ok. I am so sorry.
That's so tragic. I'm so sorry. The good die young.
Amy, So sorry for your loss. Wonderful friends are one of life's treasures! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love from Andrea
How sad! So sorry for your loss.
Amy. I am so sorry. Sounds like she is such a wonderful friend. She'll be with you always. Hang in there. Your in our prayers.
I'm so sorry Amy. What a very great loss for you. I'll be thinking of Sharen today along with her family and yours, and keep you in my prayers. What a difficult time. My heart just aches for you.
Oh how heart-breaking! I am so sorry for your lose. She must have been so strong to survive so long without any other complaints. You can tell she was a determined person and someone who didn't give up. I will be thinking of you and her family.
How blessed we were to know such a wonderful, strong, loving, dedicated woman. You continue to be in my prayers, Amy.
Oh wow, I am so sorry this happened. What a beautiful tribute you have paid to your friend, I know you will miss her greatly. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now, my prayers are with you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Kim is right; it IS a beautiful tribute. She sounds like a wonderful friend and person. I'm thinking and praying for you. Wish I could give you a hug. I'm so sorry. Love, Em
You are a wonderful friend, Amy. I'm sure Sharen and her daughter appreciate that friendship. Wow - what a sad story. I love the picture of the two of you running and now it it will have even more meaning for you. Sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your friend. I hope you have felt some comfort.
I haven't been checking blogs too well lately, so I was sad to come across this post. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That is really sad. It sounds like you were a sweet friend to her. We'll pray for you as you go through this hard time.
Post a Comment