Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love Is







A spouse who is always willing to give a back or foot rub.

A child who cries if she doesn't get to give you a hug and kiss every time you leave the house.

A daughter who draws you sweet pictures and tucks them into small places for you to find.

A son who loves almost every dinner you cook and thanks you enthusiastically.

Knowing where every member of your family is without really thinking about it.

Letting your spouse go out with his friends because he deserves a break, even though you do too.

When your spouse uses his extra personal spending money to buy a gift for you.

Getting out of bed first, and as quietly as possible, to let your spouse sleep in.

Handmade valentines from kids.

Keeping quiet instead of starting an argument.

Ignoring someone else's mistake or weakness.

Sneaking in a little affection, even if the kids are watching.

Acting on a feeling to do something for someone else.

Feeling completely happy surrounded by people who love you.

Thirteen years of the Week of Love. This is something I do for Kyle every year. I give him treats and surprises for the week leading up to Valentine's Day. I do cards, e-cards, texts, funny valentines, some of his favorite treats, small gifts, and acts of service. I love it!

Happy Valentine's Day to all you sweethearts out there!


post signature

5 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

You guys are so cute! I love your tradition. Thanks for sharing!

Amy D said...

I had forgotten about your "Week of Love" tradition until now. That's so fun! Lots of love at your house!

Swoopref said...

Nothing about loving his basketball skills??

Sweeney Household said...

I loved reading your list. Sweet things about LOVE. :)

Britney said...

cute pictures!! I love your hair in the last one! We need to hang out! Thanks for inviting us over sorry we didn't come over, our kids were so tired and cranky :)