Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm not as lazy as I seem


I have been up to something these last few weeks. Here's the proof!


The cute little sandbox I made for Kara. Hey, I had to go to Wal-Mart twice to get the right amount of sand. And I had to dig out the old, smelly dirt. She's eaten sand twice. Yum.

The front flower bed I re-did and planted about 70 plants in. I'm pulling out the rhododendrons next year and putting in more hydrangeas and flowering shrubs. Lots of perennials in here. It's all starting to bloom and look good!

Our garden. It's grown so much in the last week since I took this photo. Incredible.

This bed holds pole beans, peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini.

This bed holds herbs and strawberries. We just made a net frame to save the strawberries from the birds. Take that, birds!

I painted this canvas for Kara's room. The colors of her room are green and orange. The stripes didn't turn out perfectly, so I'm not sure I'll keep it up. But it works for now.

I had Jillian's wonderful teacher Ms. H over for breakfast. She is retiring this year. She has been amazing for Jillian and such a blessing.

Here's our breakfast! We had crepes with fresh berries, hashbrowns, and juice.

I had the kids make some art work for their bathroom upstairs. I love how they turned out.

Here's a close up of Kara's. She loved painting -- her first time -- and didn't want to stop.

I went to Jillian's school play -- Beauty and the Beast. Not bad, not bad.

I laughed over and over again at Kara's "big lips."

Hope you're having fun with all your projects too!

Amy

15 comments:

Steph said...

Can you come visit and do some projects with me? I'm feeling a lack of creative energy.

Cheri said...

Holy cow! Lazy - Amy is not. (a little Yoda comes out)

It all looks fantastic! Yard, garden, art projects, yummy breakfast! And you have window boxes! So fun. I think I am going to steal your bathroom project idea. I LOVE it! Can you buy those canvases at Michaels or Hobby Lobby?

OH- and I love the canvas in Kara's room. I don't see anything wrong with the stripes. It's awesome!

Polliwog said...

I don't think anyone who knows you could doubt you were up to great things ... but it is great to see photos. As usual, your best efforts put mine to shame. You are so creative! Specifically, your flowers and garden are gorgeous; the lunch looks heavenly (I still remember when you had me over for a little luncheon) and the art work in the bathroom? Fantastic idea!!

Joel Deehr said...

that garden looks sweet.

Mandie said...

Your garden looks awesome! We can't wait to have a place where we can do a garden. For now I will have to raid my mom's. And again, when we have our own space, I may have to steal your idea of using the kids paintings. What do you have them paint on?

Mandy said...

Lazy? You? And didn't you just run a marathon?

Unknown said...

I need to see those bathroom canvases in person. They look good!

Michael Family said...

I am jealous of your garden. Mine isn't growing at all. I will have to get your gardening secrets. I love the bathroom pics! I should do that for the kids rooms or something.

Ronna said...

Man I am exhausted just reading that post. You put the rest of us house-wives to shame. I am wanting to make some artwork for my house now. Anything sounds better than packing.

Leslie said...

ok that's nuts!! your amazing.. your yard and garden look great and so do you!!

Ken and Amy said...

I miss walking past your flower garden and oohing and aahing over all your beautiful flowers! Isn't it nice to plant perennials and know that you will enjoy them for many years to come?

mama bear said...

Okay, I'm finally catching up on all my blog reading! You lazy? As if! Amy, you look so skinny. Congrats on the marathon, and when is your UT race? There's a possibility I might be there, I'd love to come and cheer you on at the beginning. I laughed right out loud when I read Jillian's top 10 about Kyle. Love the pictures of everything, I'm pretty sure I'll never have flowers or a garden that look that great. I'm glad you are doing well, it was good to catch up on your life.

Amy D said...

Wow, am I impressed! "Lazy" is not a word that comes to mind when I think of Amy P. Way to go on all those projects! They're all so amazing. Could I send my boys over for some lessons from an awesome Mom?

Michelle said...

Amy, you are amazing. I loved your idea about the artwork in the bathroom... I may need to do the same thing.. And your garden is amazing!

Angie said...

At least you have an excuse! That's better than I can say. I have not been very good at keeping up with blogs these days. Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun though!