Monday, May 25, 2009

You're just going to have to use your imagination

Because I don't have a camera to take any pictures. Dang it! We're in the process of picking out a new one. We need it by this weekend, though, so we'd better hurry. Leave a comment with a suggestion if you have a good one. We've kind of narrowed it down to 3, but I can't for the life of me remember all the names and numbers. But if I did have a camera, I would take pictures of . . .

My awesome garden (okay, OUR awesome garden, but I love it most). Kyle built beautiful beds and we shoveled dirt for hours and now everything has come up except for pumpkins. Hurrah! We are sharing the bounty (and some of the weeding and watering) with my sis and her fam. But these miracle beds with their $130 of premium soil don't seem to produce many weeds. I have had to scare off squirrels and cats, but I am very excited for what the summer will bring. I've already harvested herbs galore, and if I wanted one of those hip microgreen salads, I could pluck some lettuce. But that would be silly.

Jillian in her braces. She's so dang cute! I don't know how she pulls it off, looking good in braces. You'll just have to see it to believe it. She ended up looking a bit strange in the Mother's Day videos, but that's not how she really looks. She's growing out her hair to donate, too, so she's got it really long right now. Growing too fast, that one!

I also want some new profile pictures for blogging and Facebook. I finally cut my hair after 5 months, so it actually has a shape now. The photo I'm using is a year and a half old, so I should really get a new one.

My flowers. They also make me happy. I don't like to be disturbed during my evening watering time. I love it. I'm constantly rearranging plants, putting in new things, dead-heading, encouraging, and all-out puttering. Best therapy EVER.

I'd also throw in some cute snaps of Kara Jane and Hayden, just because. But all of this will have to wait until we get the new camera. Then I will unindate my blog with photos. Just you wait.

Amy

PS -- The marathon is on Saturday. I feel ready. The training went well and I am pretty sure I'll beat my previous time of 4 hours and 14 minutes. That is all I ask for!

Next post: Reality TV

11 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I like your new blog changes, especially the family pic. It is adorable!
Can you believe the marathon is on Saturday? Too crazy! Can't wait to see you! And I am sure you will crush your PR!

ellen said...

You can't go wrong with the Digital Canon Rebel. :)

Michael Family said...

Your blog is way cute. You gotta teach me how to do it. And cool for your garden! Mine is doing so-so, so I am jealous :)

Digital Canon Rebel is what we have. It is nice.

Joel Deehr said...

marathons dont sound like fun at all but I wish you luck.

Mandy said...

Nikon D60. Love it.

amydear said...

Okay, maybe I should clarify that we can afford a small point-and-shoot digital camera that is around $300, all you fancy camera people! : )

Balcena Family said...

After reading the votes for the Canon Rebel, I hesitated to comment...thanks for clarifying...I think ours might do the trick. I love my Canon PowerShot S3 IS. Enough bells and whistles, but simple enough to point and shoot. Good luck! Wish I could find someone willing to run with me. Hard to get started training all alone. Good luck with your race!

amy said...

I love your family picture up top. What a great looking fam!

Polliwog said...

How'd the race go? I can't wait for your report. Your blog background is oh-so cute!

Todd and Anna said...

Hurry and buy your camera, I'm dying to see pictures of your garden and Jillian with her braces. I also can't wait for your race report.

Amy D said...

Good for you! And with your great descriptions, who needs a camera? I'm jealous you have hardly any weeds. They must have all escaped to our yard :)