Alright, faithful readers. I hope you're still out there. I've been a slacker lately. Our computer upstairs is having fits about connecting and staying connected to the internet, and our digital camera died. Those two things have taken a lot of the fun out of blogging. And I took a picture of myself in the dress I was considering and wanted your opinions about, but seeing myself in it pretty much made it a "NO." So the search for a great summer dress continues. But tonight I need your strength. Somebody tell me to buck up!
You see, we still haven't purchased our airline tickets to NYC and now I'm starting to get wishy washy about it. Kyle is going for sure, but I'm telling myself things like "You haven't left the kids in a long time. What if they don't do well? It costs a lot to fly to NY. It's three whole time zones away. Maybe you should just save the money and do a trip with Kyle another time. What if you miss out on the best part of blueberry picking season? What if people don't know where to put away the clean dishes? What if Hayden throws one of his classic massive temper tantrums?" See what I mean? I'm spineless. So if enough people kick me in the rear, maybe I'll actually buy those tickets and plan on taking that trip. I've already lined up very reliable and capable childcare, but I'm still hesitating. What's my problem? Feel free to let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Amy
13 comments:
Hey Amy! I just checked gmail to see if you were online so I could "talk" to you live. I really hope you buy the tickets. You know you are looking forward to time with Kyle. It is good for your marriage and it is good for the kids to see you spend time with your hubby. You will have a fantastic time in NYC and you deserve it!!! I am sure your other friends will say the same.
Keep us posted. You can do it!!!
Buy your ticket already. Maybe we'll be there the same weekend. I heart NYC!!
It was nice to read this because I was glad there was someone else out there like me!! I think I might be worse, but let's be honest this is not a contest I would like to win :)
I say go especially if you have childcare lined up. The only reason I would say stay is if you have another trip actually lined up so you will really take it.
As soon as we booked our Puerto Rico trip I had so many second thoughts. What if this and What if that. Turned out to be such a great trip and so nice to get away. My fears were so irrational.
Go for it. NYC is so much fun. We have been three times this last year and loved it. You'll have a great time and just picture yourself running through central park. It is one of my favorite things to do while I am there.
Is this comment long enough :) Can't wait to see pictures of the trip.
You need to go play with Kyle in NYC. Your kids will be fine, you'll come home to dishes in the wrong spot, and possibly the less than ideal blueberries, but you'll have great memories with Kyle. GO!
PS. our camera died last night. SO SAD!
Just go, go go go! I know from personal experience how hard it is, even with the perfect support system in place. Also, look up things you want to do (read in the motel all day, see plays, check out restaurants, etc)--it will ease the transition! Now if I could take my own advice...
Well, I always feel the opposite. I want to leave, even if my kids throw tantrums and it's a disaster. :) I can't remember if you've ever been to NY. It is AWESOME. You will have a blast. And it's expensive but worth it. You should GO! And don't worry about it.
I just got back from Chicago and I was quite wishy washy about that trip too, but it was so worth it. Moms just need a break every once in a while. It makes us better moms, I am sure of that. Your kids need to miss you every once in a while too, it makes them appreciate you more (at least for that first day back!) And besides, you will always feel like you need to save, but then, you may not get the opportunity again. New York! How fun!
I know where all your dishes go, silly, and I'll have Cameron Langworthy sit on Hayden if he throws a huge fit. Wait, that might not give you comfort. i'll do whatever the right thing to do is. Just go! You'll regret it if you don't.
I probably shouldn't chime in, but since I just re-listened to Elder Hales talk from General Conference I am feeling like the biggest penny pincher today.
Of course we can always be putting extra money towards our mortgage, rainy day fund, and kids college education. Bahh Hum bug!! But go if you feel good about it and if you feel your kids will be fine. It does sound like a lot of fun.
Note: This is coming from the girl who's been married almost eight years and hasn't taken a real vacation with her husband since the honeymoon (I don't count overnight trips to the Las Vegas Bowl for BYU football).
What? You already have childcare lined up and you are still wondering if you should go???
If you have the money and you have the childcare GO WOMAN!
Do it, do it, do it! Went to VA with Parrish in January, and wouldn't trade it for the world...worth every penny, and every minute! Have fun in NYC!!
Your problem is, is that you are a mother. What do mothers do best? Worry! Stop worrying and just go! It will be a blast. Plus it will be a good break for you and the kids for you to go. It is so important to spend quality alone time with your husband and you will be so grateful that you did. Just go!!!!!!! Don't forget that you have to give others a chance to serve.
What's your problem? You're being a mom. You'll always be a mom. But you'll also always be a wife, and at some point your kids will be gone. So we all need to work on maintaining our relationships with our husbands, relationships that don't always include kids tagging along. But I'm not really one to talk. I can count the nights I have left my kids on one hand, and I don't even have to use all my fingers. But it is a goal of mine to get better in this area, so I'm going to watch you as my example!
Post a Comment