Lately the father figure in our household has been a bit brash. You know, snippy, short on patience, forgetting that we're dealing with small children here. Nothing too mean or cruel, but just not as patient and loving as maybe he could be. So I gave him some reminders. Really nicely. I had to be gone tonight for a church meeting. (Background: I am gone 1-2 nights a week, and the status quo is for Hayden and Kyle to play video games while Kara fends for herself and Jillian feels ignored, or for Kyle to watch sports while all the kids feel ignored, or for H, J, and K to play video games while Kara drinks out of the toilet bowl or some dang thing. Of course, other things like baths, homework, and piano practice get thrown in, but you get the idea.)
Back to tonight. I knew that if the status quo happened, Kyle would have some trouble on his hands, especially since he and Jillian have had some little squabble every night for the past few nights. So I gave him some reminders. Really nicely. And this is what I found when I walked in the door and Kyle walked out the door.
A nice bit of irony is that this little book is made of papers with happy faces on them. I thought you might enjoy that detail. I left the spelling and capitalization as originally written.
Top ten reasons I Don't Like Dad
Work on these things
1. He tells jokes that sometimes hurt my feelings.
2. He waches sports to much.
3. He's not very patient.
4. he's obssessed with time outs.
5. He spends more time with electronics than me.
6. He makes me do math. (note: She LOVES doing math with Kyle.)
7. He's not very crafty. (I admit, this one's my favorite.)
8. He has a boring job. (Although this one made me laugh.)
9. He is annoying.
10. He's a weird dad.
Now, Kyle kind of scoffed when I called him to ask about this, and he said they later played a game together, but there's a good lesson to be learned here. Your wife is usually right.
I hate to say I told him so . . .
Amy
PS -- I think Kara took the cushy part off of my earbuds and threw them in the trash. Darn her!
PPS -- Does anyone want to hear my latest take on various reality tv shows? Because kind of I want to share.
11 comments:
The new earbuds don't have cushy things, and I think they are just as comfortable.
Obsessed with time outs? Ha ha ha!
Hey, Kyle sounds like Wayne! I think when the kids are old enough, they might resent the EPSN a little bit also! Hee hee. And I do want to hear your take on reality shows. Bring it on!
Precious. My mom still has a few of my writings like that (like one where I told her that she got to stay home with 7 kids and she could not possibly comprehend how difficult my life as an 8th grader was) hahahahahahahahahahah says the now-mother me. So save it! :)
I want to hear! Especially if it has to do with the horrible final song on Idol :)
Oh my gosh! Too funny. Thanks for the laugh! As if his boring job has any affect on her. And the smiley face paper is an awesome touch.
I can't wait to see what she will do for father's day, hopefully he will redeem himself so that he may get a better book.
I don't think he will have luck in changing number 8. This is so funny.
That list is a keeper for sure! And yes, I definitely want to hear your take on reality shows.
you have to admit, his job isn't exciting. Sorry about the earbuds. Does kara really drink out of the toilet?
oh my!! gotta love kiddos... they know how to express themselves! yay! that you're going to NYC..i've always wanted to go there..have a blast!
That was hilarious.
Funny funny funny. My dear husband couldn't be accused of any of those things. ;) (He for sure doesn't have a "boring job"! he he he)
Now THAT was highly ironic! I was logged on as my husband, talking badly about him. ;)
Post a Comment