I said "yes" to a few too many things this month, including grading papers for Jillian's English teacher. Somehow it's all getting done, but I am feeling stressed. I am determined, however, not to feel so stressed in December. I am going to enjoy the Christmas season!
We are headed to Washington for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to relaxing with my family and feeling thankful. I am so blessed. I have everything I need and much, much more. I hope I can bless others with my abundance.
One thing I am very thankful for is healthy little veggie children. Bean, Pea, Asparagus, and Sprout are all growing like weeds (Does that metaphor work?) and are strong and healthy. No cavities either! They are eating me out of house and home, so I am thankful for Costco, Winco, and Trader Joe's to restock on healthy food and plenty of produce. Our grocery budget is a little out of control, but I just say it's cancer prevention.
Remember Halloween? It was almost a month ago, but I want to document their costumes somehow. I was kind of a slacker this year. Our trip to California made Halloween come more quickly. And I don't like Halloween much, so it's hard for me to try to do awesome costumes. Maybe next year? Don't I say that every year?
Jillian has a social at her school, but didn't want to wear a costume. Instead, we did a spider bun. It was cute! I mean scary.
I carved a pumpkin this year! It was tiny. I think mini pumpkins are better to carve than big ones. All the fun in 10 minutes. Perfect for me and my OCD.
Jillian went as herself. I mean, a nerd.
Kate went as Minnie Mouse. Darling!
Hayden was a secret service agent. Or a spy. Or something like that.
I put on a scarf and went as myself.
Kara was Elsa from the new Disney movie Frozen. But no one knew that. She looked so gorgeous in this costume with her blue eyes and blond hair.
Since Jillian will be in high school next year, this was her last year trick-or-treating. Here's her "nerd herd." They had great fun.
Here's our practice snapshots to see if we like our family picture outfits. And then the weather turned bad and now we have to wait until spring to get more professional shots. Kyle does not like my bird sweater. Any opinions?
6 comments:
I miss reading your blog! Keep it coming. And I am pro-bird sweater. It's hip.
*Ah-$75-em*
So tall man doesn't like that the sweater was $75? I get that. Maybe if you installed a warbler sound mechanism in the sweater, he would think it's worth it. I like the sweater with or without sound.
Ha! Love Kyle's comment. And I'm sure you know this, but holy smokes, your children are beautiful!
Hm, seems Kyle doesn't like the PRICE, not that he doesn't like the sweater.
Um, the sweater was $60, and I was desperate to find something that matched. And I'm using some of my very own hard-earned money on it. The joys of living with an accountant never end!
Post a Comment