Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Election and a Bonus Photo!

So the election's over.  Since the status quo didn't change, I'm not sure how much "change" or "forward" momentum we are going to experience.  My top priority was the economy, so I voted for Romney.  I didn't agree with him on all issues, but I felt like he was the best choice to get us in a better fiscal situation. It would have been difficult for him, and he would have made many people uncomfortable along the way, but I think he would have made progress.  I appreciate that the Democrats want to help people in need.  I want to help people out of poverty.  I want to help children get a good education.  I want to make it so immigrants can contribute to society and be here legally.  I just don't think the Federal government and its programs are very effective.  In fact, I'm sure that most of them are not.  The political system is broken, and the way things were settled last night doesn't make me feel any sort of hope that they are going to be fixed in the next four years.  I voted for both Democrats and Republicans. I'm staunchly independent because I can't quite identify with either party, polarized as they are. I realized I'm talking in pretty vague and general terms here, but I am not one for long political posts. I like to talk about these issues, though, and I do a lot of reading and thinking.  I still think America is a great nation, and I'm going to start praying more for its leaders.  I'm also going to buy a generator and bulk up my emergency essentials, because I'm not quite sure what the next few years will bring. (A wise decision no matter who won last night.)

And now, on a lighter note, a sweet photo of me, circa 1994.  Some photos I'd given my grandma over the years came back to me after she passed away.  I'm proud my bangs aren't super huge.  



post signature


2 comments:

Michael Family said...

Nice pic. I've thought about a generator. But then I thought, we only really NEED power for heat, and it doesn't get life-threateningly cold here. So maybe we don't need one? But maybe we do?

Cheri said...

I've been enjoying your posts lately. Funny, clever, and so positive. Thanks!