Not much blogging going on lately from me. I'm trying to see if I miss it. I still make up posts in my head, but I don't get them typed out nearly as often. Here's an attempt at a good one.
Thought #1: Why the sudden obsession with eyelashes? There are extensions, products to lengthen, primers, curlers, and a bazillion (rough estimate) different kinds of mascara. I have so-so eyelashes, but they don't require more than mascara. I think it says something about a society that is so focused on looks that we have zeroed in on such a small, minor part of a person.
Thought #2: Now that I am finally happy it's fall, I need to stock up on baking supplies. I am out of all-purpose flour, low on all kinds of brown and white sugars, out of cocoa, and only have one can of pumpkin in my pantry. Quelle horreur!
Thought #3: With Kara in a Spanish immersion school (and soaking it up like a sponge) and Jillian taking French, our house is tri-lingual lately. Very cool. Unfortunately my French is better than my Spanish, and Spanish doesn't sound right with a bad French accent. I'm hoping to learn along with Kara. Ole!
Thought #4: Clothes are fun to wear . . . when they fit. I am having yet another mini health struggle, this one involving an large cyst and an ovary. Side effects include feeling like I am either pregnant or having constant PMS. Sweet, I know. The eight pounds I've gained in the past few months are making my clothes too tight. Every day I sigh as I look in the closet. My doctor assures me I'll lose the weight when the cyst goes away or is removed. If I have surgery next month, I will be down to one ovary. Kyle says he'll love me just the same. I'm going to have them look around for any other small organs that might need to be removed, just in case.
Thought #5: Did you know it's almost time for Christmas shopping?? That's fun! Kyle and I are considering blowing off Christmas shopping and taking our kids to the happiest place on the West Coast instead. Any opinions?
Thought #6: I really like where I live. There are definitely more pros than cons. We've lived here over four years, which is the longest we've lived anywhere as a married couple. Now that the kids are settled in schools and sports teams and lessons, it's hard to think about moving.
Thought #7: A small airline just added non-stop flights from my hometown to Honolulu. Seriously. I miss Hawaii!
Thought #8: The good thing about living in a state where one party rules is that there is a serious lack of political ads. My ballot arrived yesterday and I am excited to vote! Here's a hint on who I'm voting for for president: the only candidate I've seen in person.

3 comments:
Ha! I have seen said candidate in person too! And I have heard that both the spleen and the appendix can be removed and you won't even miss 'em. I don't know if it would help you lose much weight though. :)
Not that our vote will matter here ... :) Do the vaca instead of presents. Americans definitely need less stuff, not more. And it will be so much more memorable!
Are you guys thinking of leaving??? I hope not. We will finally be moving there in exactly a year. Like, for good! Good luck with hour procedure, with your motivation to exercise the 8 lbs. Will fall right off.
Post a Comment