Sunday, June 17, 2012

I made something!


I've had a hard time finding time to be crafty and creative since Kate was born.  I miss sewing and jewelry making and such.  I got a fancy paper cutter thing (Silhouette Cameo) for my birthday, and I finally broke it out to do a project.  I made these cool etched glass vases for Kara's preschool teachers.  So easy.  Google "etched glass tutorial" and you'll see just how easy!  This may be my new go-to gift.  The calla lilies are from my yard. Don't worry, I shook out all the earwigs. 


 Here's Kara with her good friend Alice.  I'm so sad they aren't going to the same school next year. 

 I was trying to teach Kate about posing for pictures.  She always wants to look at the photo before it's even taken.  This attempt wasn't great, but the next one turned out pretty cute!
 


This is my 500th post!  Kind of a lame one, but I thought I should recognize it anyway.


post signature









2 comments:

Michael Family said...

That vase is such a good idea. Nice!

Amy said...

Oooo I want a Silhouette sooo bad. Very cute craft. Kate is so cute! Gavin is now becoming too distracted to take pictures. I would blame the age, but it looks like I'll have to blame being a boy :)