We had a weekend of love around here. Kyle and I went out for our romantic dinner on Saturday. Then we got home and watched a romantic BYU basketball game. It was all I could do to restrain myself from ironing. On Sunday I made our romantic family dinner. After the kids went to bed Kyle and I had molten chocolate cakes. So good, but so bad for you. By the time Monday rolled around, we were about all loved out. That ended up a good thing because it was a busy day. Here are some snaps from all of our "love"ly festivities.

Kate was our cutest valentine. She got a little sad when I took the box of candy away from her.

I made chocolate chip pancakes on Monday morning. In the shape of hearts, of course.

Molten chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. So glad we froze some of the berries we picked this summer. They are still quite delicious.

Each member of the family has had a little mailbox to receive love notes in. We put them out at the beginning of the month. Such fun.

Jillian's valentines for school. The owl says "I'll owl-ways be your friend." They were a pain to make, but turned out well.

Hayden's alien valentines said "you're out of this world" on the back. I pretty much made all of these. I won't be doing that again!

Romantic dinner time!

Dr. Tall Man brought home flowers on Saturday. They were making me very sick until I took some of the blooms out. Jillian really, really wants the red fuzzy heart in the bouquet.

Place setting for family dinner. Jillian helped me set the table and cook some of the food.

And one more of my cute little Kate bug. She is six months old already! Wow, time goes too quickly. February is going to be over before I know it.
Up next: a cooking party for Jillian's 10th birthday. Jillian + 9 friends = tons of fun! I can't wait to tell you all about it. If I survive.
5 comments:
Wow, I am impressed. I don't do any of that stuff. Special food, decorations, valentines, etc. Where do you find the time/energy? Kate is sooooooo cute! I want to squish her (ha ha).
I love all the loving! Cute valentines. And Kate is so very, very pretty!
I love how "romatic" everything was, you are so funny! What a great tradition to start.And may I say that you are a really good mom for making all those Valentines. Can't wait to hear about the party!
Wow, is Kate really sitting up already? Who does she think she is :) And as for the cakes. Oh my. They look delish. I am also very impressed with the festive table-scape and pancakes. I was definitely a loser wife/mother and only made a few dinky valentines for my fam. And that was it. Love the blog!
Kate IS a darling Valentine, and that raspberry sauce looks divine. I've never had a molten cake with raspberry sauce, but I'll bet it was delicious. Thanks so much for your call tonight. It meant so much!
Post a Comment